Friday, June 01, 2007

2007 in Music.....so far

I have some time to kill while I download an album and a concert video. So 5 full months of 2007 have gone by. I like to make lists and rankings of albums according to how I like them. This year I have downloaded a plethora of new releases. Some have been huge hits, others have been duds. So I present to you now the Hits of 2007 far and the Duds of 2007 so far.


The Hits.
Travis - The Boy With No Name
I hadn't really listened to Travis until this year, but with this album they have quickly become on of my favourite bands. If you like Coldplay/Snow Patrol/Keane type of music you will love these guys who have been kicking around for a while. Check out the songs Closer, Selfish Jean, and Big Chair on myspace or youtube.

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
I already wrote an album review for this album. Its not surviving the test of time as well as I thought it would. Still a great listen though.

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
Like Travis I hadn't listened to much Modest Mouse before this album. I'm a big fan of it, the lyrics are genius and the tunes are catchy.

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
Probably my second favourite album released so far this year. I've always likes the Arctic Monkeys, but their 2nd album has made me love them! My favourite song yet this year is '505' which is found on this album.

LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
A fun electronic album which I like to play in the background when I'm feel like listening to some cool beats.



The Misses.


Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob
The first single Ruby was awesome and I thought the rest of the album would be good, but it was so boring I never even finished listening to the whole thing.

Bloc Party - A Weekend In the City
Another album I thought was going to be good, I couldn't get into it.



Looking ahead

Interpol - Our Love to Admire July 10
Editors - An End Has A Start June 25
The Contact - Canvas Tears June 26

No comments: