Saturday, December 08, 2007

2007 in Music album 17


17. The Thrills - Teenager The Thrills are one of those bands who I love, but for whatever reason I never think of them as one of my favourite bands. I think its just something about Conor Deasy's seducing voice which makes me love all their songs, even though for the most part they sound pretty similar. This album has a very distinct nostalgic undertone throughout, but with a title such as Teenager what more could you expect. The loss of innocence, a common theme in literature, runs throughout with the album with lines such as "I spent years looking back, got me nowhere, nowhere". Even though I'm still a teenager this album is powerful enough to arouse nostalgic feelings in myself. If you're looking for a nice relaxing indie album with lots of acoustic guitars and a beautiful Irish voice, then check this one out. Favourites: No More Empty Words, Nothing Changes Around Here, This Year

Nothing Changes Around Here


No comments: