Saturday, February 02, 2008
10 Reasons why you should cheer for the Giants
This post is inspired by a conversation I had with a friend earlier this week as to who she should cheer for. She was undecided but leaning towards the Patriots. Here are 10 reasons why she and any other undecided viewers tomorrow should cheer for the Giants.
10. Nobody likes the kid who doesn't share. The Patriots have won 3 times already since 2002, time to give somebody else a turn.
9. The Giants are the underdog. Everybody likes an underdog. Have you ever seen a Hollywood Movie about an underdog team where you love all the other teams the underdog team is playing? Didn't think so.
8. The Patriots cheat. It may have just been a video camera spying on the Jets early this season, and it has nothing to do with the Pats being successful in my opinion. But still a cheater is a cheater.
7. Tom Brady is perfect. He has a huge contract. He has nice dimples. He has blue eyes. He has a supermodel girlfriend. He has won every game this year. Blah blah blah blah blah. All that crap gets annoying after a while.
6. Boston teams (except the Bruins) are all doing killer this year. The BoSox won the World Series, the Celtics have an amazing team....they don't have to win everything!
5. Brandon Jacobs
4. Its more Canadian to cheer for a Giant then to cheer for a U.S. Patriot.
3. Bill Belichick (head coach) frustrates fantasy football managers weekly by not letting the media know if his players are going to play or not because of injuries.
2. David Josey
1. Because they have beat out my Chargers from the playoffs the past 2 seasons. Yes it is personal, but it is the no. 1 reason why I will be rooting for the Giants.