Friday, March 13, 2009

Concert Review: In Flight Safety

March 11th, 2009. Grawood, Dalhousie University
Fellow Concert Goer: Dave Marsh
Headliner: In Flight Safety
Supporting: The Superfantastics

I hadn't been to a show since the Coldplay one in November, so I was starting to get concert deprived. A facebook add for an In Flight Safety show at the Grawood caught my eye, and for $7 you can't go wrong. Unfortunately there was a delay for letting people into the show, and In Flight Safety didn't take the stage until 11:00. They played a great set featuring a bunch of songs from the new album We Are An Empire, My Dear which was released in late January. My favourite part of the night was when they played Model Homes, one of my favourite songs they have done.
I always enjoy listening to Halifax/Nova Scotia bands. There is this underlying sound to them all which I can't quite put my finger on. Wintersleep has it, Joel Plaskett has it.

No comments: