Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bursting Your Bubble

Sorry to do this, but I feel it is my duty to highlight some of the darkness that exists in our world. The hope is that you read this, see this, and make a change. Thats what it takes. One small change at a time. Baby steps. One human can't change the world, or fix all its problem. But people working together can.

If you're like me you know that there is injustice in this world. You know that sometimes the items we buy came from somewhere else, made by someone else. But maybe like me you'd rather not think about it. Here is just one simple example. Balloons. I've never thought about where they come from before in my life. But after seeing the pictures in the links, and reading the article I don't think I'll be able to look at a balloon the same. Forever all I'll be able to think about is an underpaid, underage, overworked child caked in who knows what making the balloons. Look and read, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Thanks, Briggins. And balloons.

Wow, I really have never thought about balloons like that before. And will never think of them the same way again.

Now, let's get to work. But first, please excuse me while I put my heart back together.