Saturday, January 06, 2007

Oh Canada!

I know I'm a little slow getting this updated. Todays post is in honour of the men's world junior hockey team who won gold for the third consecutive year yesterday versus the Russians. Team Canada rode the hot goaltending of Montreal Canadiens prospect Carey Price including a thrilling shootout win over the US in the semi-finals on Wednesday. Unfortunately Price is a prime name for making cheesey puns. I don't know how many times I read "The Price is Right". I guess thats the price you pay for having a pun-able name (Okay that was bad). Brad Marchand of Hammonds Plains, Nova Scotia (just outside of Halifax) had Canada's fourth goal which turned out to be the important insurance marker. In case you missed the game I have a few videos of Canada winning and of the shootout versus the U.S.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Final Two Minutes of gold medal game versus Russia (and Jonathan Toews dropping the F-bomb in an interview)

Canada vs. USA shootout in the semi-final

No comments: