Tuesday, December 04, 2007

2007 in Music albums 25-21

21. Joel Plaskett - Ashtray Rock
This is one of the few albums that I haven't listened to at least 10 times which are on this list. But what I've heard I have loved. Fashionable People is about as
catchy a tune as you can get. Snowed In/Cruisin' for a is one of my favourite songs of the year. And I must say its pretty cool to know a bunch of songs were written when he lived in Clayton Park. This album is a story about the early days with Thrush Hermit.
Favourites: Fashionable People, Snowed In/Crusin'

22. Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
When I first heard this album I was really excited. But as time wore on I just had to let it die as it only really has a few
standout tracks. Its just more of the same from the Foos. I'm glad they just did a single disc instead of a double album like last time with In Your Honor.
Favourites: Let It Die, Come Alive

23. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
I honestly can not associate any song names to their songs because they are so weird/creative and long. The album is concept album about the frontman's transformation from Kevin Barnes to Georgia Fruit. They have an interesting and original sound, so if you feel like listening to something different check out this album.
Favourites:The Past Is A Grotesque Animal, Suffer For Fashion

24. Porcupine Tree - Fear of A Blank Planet
Another concept album with tracks that are mostly 7 minutes or longer (including the 17 minute long Anesthesize). Now this ranking may have been different if I started listening to the ablum earlier in the year, but I only heard it for the first time last week. So far I like.
Favourites:Fear of a Blank Planet



25. Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob
Ruby is a catchy songs. Thats about it.
Favourite: Ruby

No comments: