Monday, December 15, 2008

2008 In Music Album 2

2. Hey Rosetta! - Into Your Lungs (and around in your heart and on through your blood)
I have told everybody that will listen about this band. On Coldplaying I introduced them as "something fresh and different. Incorporating a multitude of instruments like the violin and cello fused together with alternative rock songs to create a sonic explosion that makes you want to sing, dance, and cry at the same time. Each note and word is sung with passion and beauty. Oh it also helps that they're from Newfoundland."Seeing them live twice this fall definitely helped foster my love for them. They're one of those bands that makes you very excited to have discovered them. If you haven't listened to them yet, do yourself a favour and head over to their website where their whole album is streaming. The lyrics blow me away; the nostalgic feelings of I've Been Asleep For A Long Long Time. Right to the end with the very human and organic closing song Psalm. Its a journey of beauty you do not want to miss out on.


Favourites: Red Heart, There's An Arc, I've Been Asleep For A Long Long Time

No comments: