Monday, December 15, 2008

2008 In Music Album 5

5. City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love
I know I have this album ranked much higher than it should be. Musically it isn't the most spectacular album. Lyrically it isn't the most spectacular album. What I'm drawn to is the honesty in Dallas Green's songwriting. I read an interview with him where he talked about why so many of his songs have a sad side to them, and he talked about how its just showing how human he is and writing about the human emotions he feels. I couldn't find the interview when I looked again. So with this album its more of a personal connection to his honesty. This is another one of those albums I listened to every night as I fell asleep. Seeing him this summer was a bonus. He has a wonderful voice, and it sounded just as good live as it does on the album. And he is a hilarious entertainer too.

Favourite: The Death of Me, Sleeping Sickness, Waiting...



No comments: