Wednesday, December 12, 2007

2007 in Music album 12


12. Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank This was one of the first albums that I bought at the beginning of the year, but it has lost a little bit of its impact over the past bunch of months. I guess the main problem is the album is so long, I don't think I've ever started at track 1 and made it right through to track 14. That being said it is still a great album. Isaac Brock's lyrics are genius as each one tells a long interesting story. The lyrics don't follow a stale predictable pattern like many songs do. The album also features some contributions from music giants such as Johhny Marr (guitarist from the Smiths now with the band) and back up vocals from James Mercer (the Shins) which sometimes are just a tad too energetic. If this album were just a little bit shorter it would definitely had made my top 5. Favourites: Florida, Fire It Up, We've Got Everything

Missed The Boat

No comments: