Saturday, December 13, 2008

2008 In Music Album 15


15. Constantines - Kensington Heights

Another band that I first heard about when they signed with the Arts & Crafts label. It is nice to hear something on that label different from a 20+ piece band playing Broken Social Scenesque songs. If I had to describe the album in two words I would say "Refreshing Rock". I'm not a huge listener of straight up rock and roll. But this isn't a collection of repetitive songs. Each one has a different sound delivered with raspy vocals and clankering guitars. This album also features one of my favourite songs of the year: Brother Run Them Down. Also check out the Islands In The Stream collaboration they did with Feist.

Favourites: Trans Canada, Hard Feelings, Brother Run Them Down, New King

No comments: